The twenty two year old producer has certainly created a legacy for himself not only on the realms of the internet, where music is shared and criticized on a daily basis, but also in his home nation of Israel, as well as other prominent countries across the globe. To put his career into perspective, Martz has collaborated with heavy hitting artists such as Emilian Wonk, Ivory, Emoxx, Infekt, Psycho, and many more notable producers! Some of my personal favorite tracks include “Stage Killa“, “Real Riddim Hours“, “Too Many Hoes,” and “Illegal“. But we want to know a little more about how this member of the WobblyGng (pronounced Wobbly Gang) goes about his daily life in his hometown, among some of his other interests and involvement in the Underground Dubstep scene. Without further ado, we now present, The Martz interview:
1. Hello Martz, thank you very much for taking the time to answer a few questions for us brother. How are you feeling today? What’s on your agenda?
I am building a studio right now, so today I painted it and will be finished soon to make bangers!
2. We’ve read in the past that you reside in Israel, what city are you repping? I don’t know much about your country!
Reppin Tel Aviv my man , I DJ many Hip-Hop/Trap parties like 3 times a week and play once every couple months in a Dubstep show.
3. How is Dubstep Music and the Electronic scene and culture received in Israel?
Dubstep was big once in Israel back in 2010 and there were many promoters bringing the biggest artists back then.
In the past 2 years my friends from Bass Camp have brought Dubstep back to life and really making a good new updated scene with parties that have also Riddim & Tearout.
4. Where are some clubs or venues that you’ve performed in the past?
I’ve played in many clubs all around the world maybe like 70 I don’t remember all the names hahaha.
Around California, Israel , Czech Republic , France and Thailand
5. If you could teleport to one planet, any planet in the universe, fictional or real, what would it be?
Probably Argentina to meet up with my people from Wobblygng , Emoxx & Emilian Wonk
6. Respect! If any of our supporters were planning on visiting Israel, what are some places that they should check out? Feel free to include nature related spots!
Jerusalem for sure to learn and see culture related stuff
ALL Tel Aviv
and probably Dead Sea.
7. Thank you for the advice brother! What is one of your favorite memories from a show? Tell us a story, paint us a picture!
When I was 17 (5 years ago) I played at a Dubstep gig in Jerusalem in front of 1000 people, I was mad high so I fucked up with the CDJs and all the music just stopped
My friends backed me up and we were just making a laugh of it.
8. That’s nutty! These things happen. You’ve worked with a lot of producers in the Underground Bass scene, who are some other names that you’re looking to collab with this year?
Me and Skenz have like 4 unreleased tunes that we are going to upload soon
and you will see alot of collabs from all of Wobblygng.
9. We love Wobblygng! When you were growing up, what could be heard in the Abitan household? What can you tell us about your childhood?
I was born in San Diego and lived there until I was 10 then I moved to Israel and I live here until now.
My childhood was fun here in Israel got to learn Hebrew and skateboarding, my friend from school showed me how to use Fruity Loops when I was 14
10. How did you grow a relationship with Emilian Wonk? You two are certainly some of the wobbliest producers in the scene right now.
My Friend Tease Dubz (Shai) the dude who showed me Fruity Loops was making dubstep so he opened The Wizards
no time of the day for it really.
13. That sounds about right! Anger inspires good music! What other bands, singers, producers or Hip-Hop artists do you really enjoy studying and listening to? Who inspires you to keep writing music?
Well I came from Metal & Rock music so I really got into heavy stuff like old Borgore music.
Hip-Hop wise : Metro Boomin , all of 808 Mafia , Sam Gellaitry , Mr. Carmack , Stooki Sound , Dr. Derg (RIP) and DJ Yung Vamp.
14. Have you ever heard of a Wisconsin Cheese Curd or Michigan Poutine? Do you like to eat a lot my friend?
15. We will invite you whenever you come to the states! We have friends in both places who would be happy to show you around! What else do you do for work?
I teach private lessons to DJ and to Produce
and I produce music for singers , guitarists and rappers.
16. You’re a jack of all trades! What can we expect from Martz the rest of 2018?